Are you well rested when you wake up in the morning?
I found the following article that will help you to overcome that exhausted feeling even before your day has begun. I've listed just 4 out of the 10 foods registered dietitian Nathalie Rhone recommends you eat to help take you from sleepy to supercharged!
Do you wake up not feeling well rested?
Are you someone that needs multiples coffees to get you through the morning? Have energy drinks made their way into your routine? How about that 4 p.m. crash when you start searching for sweets and refined grains?
If any of these ring a bell for you, take a look both at the quality and quantity of sleep you’re getting, and how you fuel your body every day.
Resorting to processed foods with added sugar for energy will only make us feel worse. Natural whole foods can provide us with the boost we need to keep us feeling light and energized… without the crash.
Fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, and foods high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants flood our body with nutrients that help counteract fatigue and sustain us throughout the day.
Take a peek at my favorite foods for a burst of natural energy!
1. Avocado: Avocados are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats that give our body energy that will last for hours.
2. Almonds: Almonds are a great source of high-quality protein, fiber, and healthy monounsaturated fats.
3. Bee pollen: A natural superfood, bee pollen can significantly enhance energy and physical endurance.
4. Eggs: One egg contains high-quality protein and healthy fats, which in combination keeps us satiated and offers sustained energy throughout the day.
5. Spinach: Spinach is a great source of vitamin C, folate, and iron. Adequate amounts of these vitamins and minerals are essential for energy production.
Packing your diet with healthy whole foods and making small changes to what you fuel your body with throughout the morning can make major differences in stabilizing blood sugar and improving energy levels.
Try incorporating these foods into your morning routine to fight fatigue and feel energized all day long.
Medically reviewed by Natalie Olsen, RD, LD, ACSM EP-C on September 21, 2018 — Written by Nathalie Rhone